- Determine expected start-up costs for new business and economic development.
- Provide for due diligence in advance of business acquisitions and business allocation, including direction for legalities, permits, funding opportunities and feasibility.
- Provide careful consideration of potential environmental impacts, and encourage sustainability.
- Encourage new products, initiatives and process development.
- Work with Tribal Councils to develop the capacity to fund activities for the purpose of transferring knowledge and/or expertise, and to assist member First Nations in strengthening and maintaining their capabilities to set and achieve their own development objectives.
Grand Council Treaty #3 encourages business planning and offers resources to:
- Determine financial implications of new technologies to improve operations and competitive edge prior to implementation.
- Consider operating costs in addition to capital costs and related cash flow implications
- Provide or connect members with proper resources for financial services, business support, business-related training, tax advice and mentoring services
- Work with the 9 communities that have expressed struggles with lack of a land use policy or land code, and have identified this as a barrier to business development in their community.
Economic Drivers and Leaders Within Treaty #3
Bimose Tribal Council
Bimose Tribal Council Inc. is a First Nation service provider that supports 10 communities in the Treaty # 3 region.Read More
Miisun Integrated Resource Management Company
Miisun Integrated Resource Management Company is a 100% owned First Nations resource consulting company that specializes in resource management. Miisun utilizes an integrated resource management approach that respectfully incorporates First Nations knowledge and values and public involvement in order to ensure a healthy, sustainable and resilient working forest.Read More
Pwi-Di-Goo-Zing-Yaa-Zhing Advisory Services
Pwi-Di-Goo-Zing Ne-Yaa-Zhing Advisory Services’ mission is to provide advisory services and training to enhance the management skills and business opportunities.
Treaty #3 Investment Group 2020-2024 Strategic Plan
The Treaty #3 Investment Group is governed by Board of Directors consisting of qualified business people from the Anishinaabe Nation in Treaty #3. The 2020 – 2024 Strategic Plan recognizes the accomplishments made by the Development Corporation to date and provides direction towards the continued commitment of Leadership to work collectively to strengthen the community for its future generations.