With respect to the 231 Calls to Action – MMIWG National Report
With respect to the 231 Calls to Action
Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women and Girls National Report
Calls for Justice for All Canadians
- Create time and space for relationships based on respect as human beings, supporting and embracing differences with kindness, love, and respect.
Calls for Health and Wellness Service Providers
- We call upon institutions and health service providers to ensure that all persons involved in the provision of health services to Indigenous Peoples receive ongoing training, education, and awareness in areas including, but not limited to:
- the history of colonialism in the oppression and genocide of Inuit, Métis, and First Nations Peoples;
- anti-bias and anti-racism;
- local language and culture; and
- local health and healing practices.
Calls for Police Services
- We call upon all police services to partner with front-line organizations that work in service delivery, safety, and harm reduction for Indigenous women, girls, and 2SLGBTQQIA people to expand and strengthen police services delivery.
Final Report | MMIWG (www.mmiwg-ffada.ca)