The Grand Council “Subcontractor” – Cecilia Jeffery Residential School Project” position reports directly to the CEO of the Treaty #3 Investment Group. The Subcontractor will provide guidance during the site visit and coordinate community resources required to carry out the work in a manner that is consistent with, and guided by, the Anishinaabe Inaakonigewin, Anishinaabe protocols and Anishinaabe principles.
- Work in close collaboration with the consultant to move the project forward in accordance with the budget and schedule provided.
- In collaboration with the consultant; identify, assess, and mitigate adverse environmental effects and evaluate the significance of the residual effects of a proposed development.
- Attend site meetings and/or coordination meetings as required by Consultant.
- Provide all of the personnel, equipment, tools and materials necessary to perform the services. All supplies and materials provided in connection with the services must suitable for their intended use, and comply with the highest commercial standards in terms of design, quality and workmanship.
- Comply with applicable laws, codes, standards and regulations of all competent authorities having jurisdiction; and do not infringe any patent, trademark, copyright or other intellectual property right.
- Fully liable for the supplies and materials provided in connection with the services, and liability shall in no way be limited or impaired by the fact that it has relied on the opinions, recommendations or specifications of the consultant and/or the client.
- The services must be performed in accordance with all laws, regulations, policies, orders, decrees, codes and standards in effect in any and all jurisdictions concerned by the project.
- Obtain and maintain all permits, authorizations, certificates and licenses necessary for the performance of the services.
- Maintain communication with the consultant/client on the progress of the project and deviations or changes to the project.
- Experience with Environmental Site Assessment projects
- Knowledge of the Anishinaabe in Treaty #3
- Proficient with various office based software, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Power Point), online video-conferencing platforms (Zoom, Blue Jeans, Microsoft team).
- Ability to provide professional community service and communicate effectively and diplomatically, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to take initiative and work with minimal supervision.
All interested individuals please apply to the following:
Human Resources Manager
Grand Council Treaty #3
P.O. Box 1720, Kenora, Ontario P9N 3X7
|Closing Date||Open until filled|