Grand Council Treaty #3 is looking for a Justice Centre Administrative Assistant. This person will be responsible for providing general information to all members of the community, the on-site service providers, and the Kenora Justice Centre staff.
- Provide administrative and clerical support to the Justice Centre Staff
- Assist community members, who may be in crisis and directing them to on-site and/or off-site resources.
- Documenting any and all interactions among the parties.
- Assist the Justice Centre staff with the co-ordination of meetings and special events involving large groups.
- Ensure that Kenora Justice services are delivered in a culturally safe and competent manner.
- Maintain a trauma-sensitive and professional reception area at the Kenora Justice Centre.
- Maintain and update a programming directory of services and supports within the Kenora area in order to facilitate connections for the Kenora Justice Centre’s participants, their families, the survivors of crime, and other community members.
- All other related duties assigned by supervisor.
- Completion of secondary school.
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and MS Outlook
- A willingness to learn basic bookkeeping, graphic design and other required work skills
- Completion of a degree from a recognized university in business administration or public administration and/or an advanced specialization with two years’ experience attained
- Three years of experience as a Secretary / Administrative Assistant
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Had a strong sense of teamwork
- Punctual, meticulous and reliable with courteous manners to the public
- Strong liaison skills
- Must have conflict-resolution skills
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Outlook and project management skills
- Legal experience is considered an asset
- Knowledge of First Nation traditions, cultures, values and history
- Extensive understanding of the diversity among First Nations
- Self-motivated and able to work independently with limited supervision in a fast-paced environment
- The ability to speak the Anishinaabe language is an asset
- Valid G Class Driver’s License and access to a reliable vehicle
- Current, valid vulnerable sector criminal records check
- Ability/willingness to travel as required
What is a Justice Centre?
Justice Centres move justice out of the traditional courtroom and into a community setting. They bring together justice, health, employment, education and social services to collectively address the root causes of crime, break the cycle of offending and improve public safety and community well-being.
Each Justice Centre is designed by and for the community it serves. Tailored the specific needs of local communities, Justice Centres co-locate justice facilities (e.g. courtrooms) with front-end supports (e.g. primary healthcare, healing/mental health supports), prevention services (e.g. employment and skills training) and community re-integration and restorative supports (e.g. restorative programs and peer counselling).
The Kenora Justice Centre model will implement a continuum of criminal and Indigenous restorative justice processes with the aim of focusing on restoration of relationships and restoring balance while simultaneously encouraging a sense of autonomy in the criminal process. Through a holistic and flexible approach, the pilot will increase referrals to existing Indigenous restorative justice and diversion programs, reduce bail and remand populations and provide multi-sectoral trauma-informed supports delivered by Indigenous organizations and cross-sector service providers to youth and adults, including Indigenous women and girls who have experienced or witnessed trauma or violence.
Please send resume and cover letter including three (3) references to:
Human Resources Manager
Grand Council Treaty #3
P.O. Box 1720, Kenora, Ontario P9N 3X7
Competitive salary and benefits. We thank all those who apply. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Submission of criminal record check required prior to offer of employment.
|Closing Date||Open until filled|