Business Opportunities Coordinator
Dryden, Fort Frances, Kenora
Posted 2 months ago
The Grand Council Business Opportunities Coordinator reports directly to the CEO of the Treaty #3 Investment Group and will look to advance women, youth and LGBTQ2S+ opportunities to strengthen the capacity and create to business opportunities for women, youth and the 2SLGBTQ+ community.
- Host business symposiums to encourage networking with peers, professionals and successful business people to build a foundation for careers in business.
- Increase access to capital, services, lack of financial literacy
- Create space for entrepreneurs to succeed, support the work of individuals at the community level and encourage diversity in business.
- Organizes and attend meetings to present general information on the planned events
- Represents Grand Council Treaty 3 at meetings, workshops, and conferences and / or as directed by an immediate supervisor.
- Assists in the day-to-day administration of the Economic Unit.
- During an emergency epidemic/pandemic situation, job duties will be reviewed and reassigned accordingly
- All other related duties assigned by supervisor and Leadership of GCT#3
- BA in Business or a relevant degree is an asset
- valid Ontario driver’s license and a car
- Preference will be given to those applicants with an Anishinaabe background. Applicants that understand the Anishinaabe way of life; have a basic understanding of the Ojibwe language and understand the Anishinaabe protocols and customs
- Experience communicating and building relationships with Treaty 3 communities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills that take into consideration the complexity of information and intended audience.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective, respectful working relationships with GCT3 staff, Treaty #3 First Nations, and the general public.
- Excellent data management skills (including skills related to the development of spreadsheets and database systems).
- Ability to work independently and manage workloads, set priorities, meet deadlines, work under pressure, and adjust to constant change.
- Work weeks are 5 days, Monday to Friday, starting at 9:00am to 4:30pm
- Entitled to one hour of unpaid time for lunch and two paid fifteen-minute breaks.
- Frequently exposed to noise and a regular flow of people around the office
- Frequently assigned to changing priorities
- May be required to work extra hours and will receive compensatory time off.
- Responsible for meeting the demands of multiple priorities with multiple deadlines
- Given the nature of work and the multiple actions associated with the position and the very sensitive information gathered in an array format, any breach of confidentiality would be deemed just cause for immediate dismissal.
All interested individuals please apply to the following:
Human Resources Manager
Grand Council Treaty #3
P.O. Box 1720, Kenora, Ontario P9N 3X7
Please include three employment references, and able to provide a current Vulnerable Persons Check. We thank everyone for their interest, but only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
|Job Category||Economic Development|
|Location||Kenora, Dryden or Fort Frances, ON|
|Closing Date||Open until filled|