Under the supervision of the Social Policy Analyst, the Social Administrative Assistant will support the work of the Social department and assists the Administrative Office of Grand Council Treaty #3 Representative Services
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide administrative and clerical support to the GCT#3 Social staff to ensure that the services are provided in an effective manner.
- Assist the Social staff with coordinating meetings and special events involving large groups.
- Assist with distributing information to Treaty 3 communities via faxes, memos and distribution.
- Provide support to Social Policy Analyst and undertake various activities/initiatives within the office.
- Order office supplies and maintains inventory when required.
- Provide administrative support to the Social Staff and assist with orientation of new staff and service providers to administrative requirements of service delivery and Purchase of Service Agreements.
- Prepare cheque reqs and POs as required.
- Record minutes of Social program meetings or any other meeting as may be requested by the Social Policy Analyst, distribute and file as required.
- Reception coverage and support to other departments as required.
- During an emergency epidemic/pandemic situation, job duties will be reviewed and reassigned accordingly.
- All other related duties assigned by the supervisor and Leadership of GCT#3.
- Completion of secondary school.
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and MS outlook
- A wiliness to learn basic bookkeeping, Graphic design and other required work skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Self-disciplined will have a strong sense of teamwork
- Punctual, meticulous and reliable with courteous manners to the public
- Strong liaison skills
- Must have conflict resolution skills
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Outlook and project management skills
- Knowledge of Treaty #3 First Nation traditions, cultures, values and history
- Extensive understanding of the diversity among First Nations
- Self-motivated and able to work independently with limited supervision in a fast-paced environment
- The ability to speak the Anishinaabe language is an asset
- Valid G Class Driver’s License and access to a reliable vehicle
- Current, valid vulnerable sector criminal records check
- Ability/willingness to travel as required
Applicants must clearly demonstrate in their covering letter how they meet the qualification requirement of this position. Submit a cover letter, and resume with three references.
Send Application to:
Human Resources Manager
P.O Box 1720
Kenora, ON P9N 3X7
Competitive salary and benefits. We thank all those who apply. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Submission of criminal record check required prior to offer of employment.
|Job Category||Administrative, Social|
|Closing Date||Open until filled|