The Grand Council Treaty #3 Kaakewaaseya Justice Services, invites applications from Treaty #3 Territory for a full time Indigenous Support Worker, in our Lac Seul office. The Indigenous Support Network Coordinator, will provide support to the First Nation members, of Treaty #3 Territory. This position will be responsible for giving direction and advocating for community members that have endured traumatic circumstances, providing guidance for the healing process.
- Assist in the development of a Victim services program that is culturally sensitive, holistic that emphasizes the importance of Indigenous language and culture for elders, with appropriate support and referrals in place from within communities, Treaty Three Territory and other appropriate programs and services, that support the mission of the Network;
- To provide clients with culturally appropriate emotion and practical support;
- Work with communities and clients to build a strong sense of trust, strength and self-empowerment;
- Assist clients to have direct access to culturally appropriate services, and able to make self-referrals;
- Provide clients and families with the tools, knowledge, and guidance for self-empowerment during their journey of healing.
- A college diploma or equivalent experience in Law, Criminology, Law and Justice, Law Enforcement, Social Work, Psychology, and Community Services;
- Knowledge of Aboriginal culture, traditions and practices;
- Ability to speak Ojibway or Oji-Cree is an asset;
- Knowledge of historic and current forms of colonialism, systemic discrimination, and barriers facing Aboriginal communities;
- Experience in counseling and crisis intervention;
- Project a positive, friendly and professional attitude;
- Ability to articulate criminal and social justice issues;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Self-motivated individual with strong organizational and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team;
- Excellent decision making and problem-solving skills;
- Must have a clear criminal check record with vulnerable sector;
- Valid driver’s licence and access to a reliable vehicle.
Please Submit Cover Letter, Resume with 3 References to:
Oluyinka Leigh, Human Resource Manager
Grand Council Treaty #3
P.O Box 1720 Kenora, Ontario P9N 3X7
We would like to thank all candidates in advance for their interest in this position, however only those being considered will be contacted.
|Location||Lac Seul, ON|
|Closing Date||Open until filled|