Under the supervision of the Executive Director, the “Human Resources Manager” will provide expertise on all on HR matters, business engagement, change management, reporting and analysis of emerging business and HR trends. The HRM will maintain and enhance the organization’s human resources by planning, implementing, and evaluating human resources policies, programs, and practices. The HRM lead the full scope of Human Resources responsibilities and partner with the organization on strategic initiatives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Executive Director and provide updates on all office and HR functions.
- Identify and address issues that affect the overall health of the organization; morale, effectiveness, turnover, absenteeism and productivity
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Develop and implement policies as necessary and provide updates as required. Advise managers and employees on the interpretation of human resources policies and processes within the organization.
- Manage full cycle recruitment, onboarding and exit process.
- Partner with unit managers to ensure execution of developed strategies in the areas of employee relations, retention, performance development, engagement and leadership development.
- Translate and execute business strategy into functional human resources programs, processes and tools of the practice areas.
- Build trusted relationships with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention. Respond to employee inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs.
- Provide day-to-day performance management guidance to all units (e.g. coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions). Identify learning and development opportunities for business units.
- Attend quarterly Board meetings, provide report updates and recommendation to the Board as required.
- Coordinate the establishment of health & safety committee in accordance to all legal requirements and act as the management health and safety rep.
- Attend health & safety meetings and ensure that the organization is compliant with all applicable legislation. Work closely with the committee, review all recommendation and communicate effectively to management. Oversee the coordination of health & safety training for members and employees and create awareness within the workplace.
- Communicate effectively with all stakeholders and external organizations.
- Manage leave and accommodation process, ensure the process is in compliance with legislation and personnel policy. Maintain effective communication with staff, management, and other involved parties in a timely manner.
- Work closely with disability case managers to facilitate the return to and re-integration of employees into the work process.
- Manage the group benefit and pension program, ensure the program meets the need of staff and is cost effective. In collaboration with the Finance office, lead the annual renewal process, monitor changes, staff usage and makes recommendations to management as required. Educate employees about the benefits and provide ongoing service as required.
- During an emergency epidemic/pandemic situation, job duties will be reviewed and reassigned accordingly.
- All other related duties assigned
- A bachelor’s degree in a field related to personnel management, such as business administration, industrial relations, commerce or psychology
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in HR required.
- Thorough knowledge of the methods and procedures used in the successful development of an organizational development program.
- Effective communication skills with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills as well as presentation skills.
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills.
- Sound leadership, staff management, and teambuilding skills
- Proficient use of various office based software including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Power Point), online video-conferencing platforms (Zoom, Blue Jeans, Microsoft team) and human resources information system.
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of human resources and related legislation (Labour code, ESA, OHSA, AODA, Human Rights).
- An understanding of the Anishinaabe language, culture and traditions.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with corporate departments, key business partners, and employees.
- Ability to maintain, in strictest trust, confidential information.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and multi-task.
- Ability to take initiative and work with minimal supervision.
Applicants must clearly demonstrate in their covering letter how they meet the qualification requirement of this position. Submit a cover letter, resume with 3 references.
Send Application to HR Systems Specialist
P.O Box 1720
Kenora, ON P9N 3X7
Competitive salary and benefits. We thank all those who apply. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Submission of criminal record check required prior to offer of employment.
|Closing Date||Open until filled|