The Grand Council Treaty #3 Kaakewaaseya Justice Services, invites applications from Treaty Three Territory for a full time Gladue After-Care Worker. The Gladue Aftercare Worker will be based out of our Kenora office. The Gladue Aftercare Worker is responsible for providing case and file management by assisting Indigenous clients to follow through with recommendations of their Gladue Report upon sentencing. The Gladue Aftercare Worker will provide direct services, and make necessary referrals to programs and services, within the GCT#3, corrections and in the community to ensure the clients receive services in a timely fashion. The Gladue Aftercare Worker will work in partnership with the GCT#3Gladue Writer, courts and/or Probation and Parole Services in providing necessary client input and updates as required.
The Gladue Aftercare Worker should have some experience in fields of justice and law, social work, mental health, or related area. Experience and knowledge of First Nation issues and the current legal system is an asset.
- Preferred Community College diploma, University degree or equivalent in Social Services and/or a minimum of 5 years work in a social or justice services environment.
- Knowledge of the judicial system, Criminal Code, and other related federal and provincial statutes, and related court decisions regarding Aboriginal persons.
- Knowledge of Indigenous culture and experience working with Indigenous persons; understanding of the northern cultural environment; knowledge of an Indigenous language(s) will be considered an asset.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and computer proficiency
- Assertiveness, self-starter, self-motivated, high degree of professionalism and discretion
- Organized and punctual and requires little supervision
- provide appropriate police check and have a valid driver’s licence and a reliable transportation
The Gladue Aftercare Worker is responsible to the Treaty #3 Justice Director, for day-to-day activities, and the GCT#3 Executive Director for overall work performance.
Resumes accepted until positions are filled, please drop off or fax resume to:
Gary Allen, Executive Director
Grand Council Treaty #3
P.O. Box 1720, Kenora, Ontario P9N 3X7
Fax: (807) 548-5041
Competitive salary and benefits. We thank all those who apply. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Submission of criminal record check required prior to offer of employment.
|Closing Date||Open until filled|