The Grand Council “Front Desk Receptionist” supports the work of the Grand Council and assists the Administrative Office of Grand Council Administrative Corporate Services. Reporting to the Human Resources Manager, Front Desk Receptionist will be responsible for providing a wide variety of administrative and clerical office duties.
- Answers telephone and relays calls and records messages
- Greets visitors, enquires the nature of their business and directs them to appropriate person(s)
- Schedules, confirms, and arranges appointments and meetings of Grand council administrative staff
- Opens and administers regular and electronic mail for Grand Council and follows-up, when required, to ensure proper action is taken on all incoming mail
- Prepares and provides an annual inventory process, checklist and report
- As recommended prepares, edits and proofreads correspondence, and related material
- Co-ordinates and manages general administrative office services, such as supplies and general office maintenance
- Makes arrangements, prepares and assists in Grand Council General Assemblies
- Coordinate the logistical aspects of departmental programs, such as meetings, seminars, workshops, special projects, and events.
- Arrange and book meetings in boardrooms, off-site conference halls, and other locations; ensure the appropriate presentation equipment is there.
- As a front-line worker, present a positive and professional image of the organization to all visitors, suppliers, inquiries, and other interactions.
- Arranges travel itinerary and accommodation of Grand Council Administrative Staff
- Other Administrative and clerical duties as assigned by GCT3 Leadership and supervisor
- High school diploma or GED, or an acceptable combination of education and experience.
- 1 year of direct work experience in a receptionist capacity.
- Proficient spoken Anishinaabe is considered to be an asset
- Strong knowledge of general office procedures involving procurement, travel arrangements, budget management, and so on.
- Superior typing and dictating skills
- Able to write simple correspondence, including memos, letters, etc.
- General mathematical skills.
- Ability to apply understanding to carry out instructions in written, verbal, or diagram form.
- Adjusts and is flexible to meet changing work needs and demands.
- Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering, as well as inventory control of these items.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Is fiscally responsible and suggests cost-saving measures.
- Able to maintain filing systems and basic databases.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Meticulous records maintenance skills.
- Superior telephone manners and strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong written and verbal skills to communicate with all levels of the organization and its executive team.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to attend and conduct presentations.
- Able to occasionally lift items as heavy as 50 lbs.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Overtime as required.
All interested individuals please apply to the following:
Human Resources Manager
PO Box 1720
Kenora, Ontario P9N 3X7
Please include three employment references, and able to provide a current Vulnerable Persons Check. We thank everyone for their interest, but only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
|Category||Full Time Contract (Mat Leave Coverage)|
|Duration||May 6, 2019 to May 15, 2020|
|Closing Date||April 26, 2019 - Or until filled|