The Grand Council Treaty #3 Kaakewaaseya Justice Services, invites applications from Treaty #3 Nation for a full time Treaty #3 Community Justice Coordinator (CJC) located in Fort Frances , as well as part-time assistance with the T3 Bail Program. The CJC will provide support one to one services to T3 Community members in the surrouding area, assisting Treaty 3 Community Justice staff to coordinate diversion of members who are referred by community, police and courts. In addition, this role will support the supervision of Bail Court orders, the monitoring of bail release conditions, and the provision of assistance to Indigenous clients in the Bail Verification and Supervision Program.
The CJW should have some experience in fields of social work, mental health, law, or related area. Experience and knowledge of First Nation issues and the current legal system is an asset.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- A genuine interest in seeing community members develop and succeed
- Assertiveness, self-starter, self-motivated
- Computer proficiency
- High degree of professionalism and discretion
- Organized and punctual
- Requires little supervision
- Ability to articulate criminal and social justice issues; Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of Aboriginal culture, traditions and practices; Ability to speak Ojibway or Oji-Cree is an asset
- Valid driver’s licence and reliable vehicle
The CJW is responsible to the Treaty #3 Justice Director, for day-to-day activities, and the GCT#3 Executive Director for overall work performance.
Please send resume and cover letter including three (3) references to:
Attention: Human Resources Manager
Grand Council Treaty #3
P.O. Box 1720, Kenora, Ontario P9N 3X7
Fax: (807) 548-6356
Competitive salary and benefits. We thank all those who apply. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Submission of criminal record check required prior to offer of employment.
|Location||Fort Frances, ON|
|Closing Date||Open until filled|