The Grand Council Treaty #3 Kaakewaaseya Justice Services, invites applications from Treaty Three Territory for a full time Bail Supervision and Verification / Aftercare Program Worker. The Worker will provide support to the Justice Director, based out of the Kaakewaaseya Justice office in Kenora Ontario. This position will be responsible for supervising Bail Court orders, monitor bail release conditions and provide support to Indigenous clients in the Bail Verification and Supervision Program.
- Attend court as a representative of the Grand Council Treaty #3 Indigenous Bail Program
- Develop and maintain cooperative working relationships with court officials, justice stakeholders, and Indigenous communities and organizations
- Review documents, gather information and assess eligibility for bail release into the program
- Monitor clients’ bail conditions according to program standards
- Provide referrals to culturally appropriate services to address client needs
- Prepare and complete weekly/monthly statistical reports; Work cooperatively with other Bail workers in the team
- Graduation from, or work related experience in, the following fields: Law, Criminology, Law and Justice, Law Enforcement, Social Work, Psychology, and Community Services
- Knowledge of Aboriginal culture, traditions and practices; Ability to speak Ojibway or Oji-Cree is an asset
- Knowledge of historic and current forms of colonialism, systemic discrimination, and barriers facing Aboriginal communities.
- Experience in counseling and crisis intervention; Project a positive, friendly and professional attitude
- Ability to articulate criminal and social justice issues; Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated individual with strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team; Excellent decision making and problem solving skills
- Valid driver’s licence and access to a reliable vehicle
All interested individuals please apply to the following:
Gary Allen, Executive Director
PO Box 1720
Kenora, Ontario P9N 3X7
Please include three employment references, and able to provide a current Vulnerable Persons Check
We thank everyone for their interest, but only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
|Location||Fort Frances / Dryden / Lac Seul|
|Closing Date||Open until filled|