COVID-19 Assessment Centres
COVID-19 Assessment Centre’s (assessment centre) are dedicated for individuals experiencing possible symptoms of the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19).
These assessment centre’s are by appointment only. For safety reasons, “walk in” appointments are strictly prohibited. Not everyone who attends the clinic will be swabbed.
How to access the centre:
- It is recommended you complete the ministry online assessment tool at Ontario.ca.
- Please contact Telehealth Ontario (1-866-797-0000) or the Northwestern Health Unit (1-807-468-7109) so they may determine if you require an appointment at the assessment centre.
- If you require an appointment, Telehealth Ontario or the Northwestern Health Unit will contact the COVID-19 Assessment Center to identify your need for an appointment.
- Our assessment centres will then contact you to schedule the appointment.
- Once you arrive, please read the instructions posted, and ensure you follow them.
What will happen at the assessment centre:
- You will be required to wear a disposable mask provided by the nurse and use hand sanitizer when entering the facility.
- You are to attend your scheduled appointment alone; except an adult may accompany a child, frail elderly, person with disability, or an individual acting as an interpreter.
- You will be asked for your OHIP card.
- You will be screened for symptoms, travel and contact history.
- Nurses will assess vital signs, such as temperature and blood pressure.
- Screening will determine if you require a nose swab.
- The Northwestern Health Unit will follow up with you after your results are received and ensure that any further direction/instruction is provided to you.
Community: Fort Frances
Location: Community Counselling Building (206 Victoria Avenue)
Entrance: Victoria Street entrance. On-site directions will be given.
Hours: Open (7 days a week 8:00am till 4:00pm)
Community: Rainy River
Location: Rainy River Health Centre (115 Fourth Street)
Entrance: Entrance off Mill Avenue near back of health centre. On-site directions will be given.
Hours: Open (7 days a week 1:00pm till 3:00pm)
Location: Dingwall Medical Clinic Building (40 Goodall Street)
Entrance: Patients may enter at the first exterior entrance on the left (old Hearing Centre). The entrance is marked, do not enter the Dingwall Medical Clinic.
Hours: Open (Monday to Friday 8am to 4pm)
Location: Lake of the Woods District Hospital (21 Sylvan Street)
Entrance: Entrance is at the former land ambulance base next to Paterson Medical Clinic.
Hours: Open (Monday to Friday 8:30am to 4:30pm)
Community: Sioux Lookout
Location: Meno Ya Win Health Centre (1 Meno Ya Win Way)
Entrance: Out-of-hospital clinic located in the parking lot at the hospital’s Main Entrance.
Hours: Open (Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm)
*Hours of assessment operation may change, as required.